What you will need:
23-25 inch springform – baking paper – mixing bowl – electric mixer – wooden spoon
Preheat oven to 190C fan
Line springform with baking paper
6 tbs of chickpea water*
210 g sugar
250 ml plain soya yoghurt (I use Alpro)
120 ml vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
260 g plain flour
1/2 tbs corn flour
2 tsp baking powder
Juice and zest of one lemon
250 g blueberries
Optional: icing sugar for dusting
*3 tablespoons drained chickpea liquid is the equivalent of about 1 egg.
- Start by adding the chickpea water to the bowl and whisk on a high setting until peaks are forming, it might take a while but it will happen, just keep whisking.
- Add the sugar and carry on whisking until the sugar is mixed in well.
- Add the yoghurt, vegetable oil, lemon juice/zest and vanilla extract and mix well by using a wooden spoon.
- Now fold in the plain flour and corn flour until it’s completely mixed.
- Throw in your blueberries, fold in carefully and pour into the baking paper lined springform.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes at 190c fan.
- I start checking from 30 minutes onwards, but usually once it starts browning on top its ready.
- Let it cool and dust with icing sugar if you like.