These Flapjacks are so moreish, you can’t stop eating them. They are a fantastic post-excersise recovery snack, but are just as good pre-exercise for an energy boost…or just as a snack for no reason at all!
You will need:
400g rolled oats
2 ripe bananas
7 tbsp maple syrup.
7 tbsp cashew butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbs hemp protein powder
4 tbsp vegetable oil
300g pumpkin seeds
50g Lindt 70% dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan.
- Add the oats to a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl mash up the bananas, add the maple syrup, cashew butter and the vanilla essence and combine well.
- If you are struggling to make a smooth paste, you can heat up the mixture in the microwave for a few seconds, that will help to soften it.
- Now add the hemp protein powder to the mixture, I used Prana Protein Organic Hemp Powder which is available online here.
- Pour all of the above into the oats and mix it all in, best done with your hands or a wooden spoon if you prefere.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and transfer the oat mixture onto the tray. You want the mixture to be quite dense, so pat it down with the back of a spoon. The layer should be roughly 2cm thick.
- Pour the pumpkin seeds onto a separate baking tray.
- Put both trays into the hot oven and bake for around 2o mins, but keep checking from 15 mins and the flapjacks are ready when the start browning. The pumpkin seeds should have a nice roasting colour.
- Remove from the oven when done and let both cool.
- Once the flapjacks don’t feel too warm to the touch, melt your chocolate either over a bain-marie or in the microwave, but be careful the chocolate isn’t burning when using the microwave.
- Spread the chocolate over the flapjacks and immediately cover with the roasted pumpkin seeds and then keep it in the fridge for about an hour.
- Cut it into pieces and enjoy!
Go on and try it! x