Flaxseed are also known as Linseeds are a phenomenal source of essential nutrients and are found in a verity of products now. You can easily add Flaxseeds to your diet by adding them to your smoothies, cereals, baking…make it up! You can also get ground Flaxseed if you prefer or you can run your seeds through a food processor too if you don’t like the actual seeds in your recipe.
Flaxseeds are a good source of:
- Omega-3 essential fatty acids: These good fats are essential to human health as they contains a huge amount of plant omega-3 fatty acids.
- Omega-3 fatty acids provide you with a wide range of health benefits, a regular intake has shown a positive result in lowering the risk of coronary heart disease and have also shown to regulate cholesterol levels.
- Lignans are phytonutrients that have both soluble and insoluble fibre, are antioxidants that can help and strengthen the immune system and the phytoestrogens in lignans have a hormone balancing effect.
- Flaxseed contain more lignans than most plant foods.
- Fiber. Flaxseed contains both the soluble and insoluble types of fibre.
Another great feature about flax is that it can replace your egg in your recipe.
For each egg, use 1 tbs of ground flaxseed with 3 tbs of water. Mix well, and set aside for 15 minutes. You should have a sticky mixture that can be used in your recipes. Its great in pancakes!!